Aquila Wheelchair Cushion Awards & Licenses
Wheelchair Cushion Awards
- 2021 – Aquila won the HME Business 2021 Best New Product Award for Seating and Positioning for the auto start/stop SofTech wheelchair cushion system.
- 2015 – Aquila won the best in state 2015 Engineering Excellence Award for a second time from the Society of Professional Engineers for the new SofTech wheelchair cushion system.
- 2013 – Aquila was the subject of a clinical study in a peer-reviewed journal called “Infectious Diseases in Clinical Practices“. The study summarizes our wheelchair cushion’s proven ability to treat boils on the posterior for the test subject, a wheelchair user.
- 2012 – Aquila was invited to present our powered wheelchair cushions to staff at the Department of Health and Human Services National Institute of Health. We received high praise from the attendees.
- 2008 – The Governor’s New Product Award for Engineering Excellence was presented to Aquila for the Airpulse PK wheelchair cushion system. It was presented by the Wisconsin Society of Professional Engineers for product excellence, which reflects engineering initiative and innovation.
Wheelchair Cushion Licenses
- Charger and Controller have passed CE mark testing
- Charger has passed UL testing
- We have been on Government VA Contract since 2003, and have been supplying our wheelchair cushions to veterans nationwide
- VA Contract Number: V797P3200M
- Our APK2 wheelchair cushion passed all tests and requirements to be assigned HCPCS code E2609 for Medicare reimbursement*
- In compliance with federal regulations we are registered with the FDA
*Our HCPCS code does not guarantee reimbursement. Insurance companies make their own determination on coverage or reimbursement. Aquila does not file any insurance paperwork. To learn more, click here.